COMMENTS ABOUT SIM
Q: Have you seen improvement in student performance after implementing SIM Strategies/Routines?
- A: Students are telling me that they are seeing the words or word parts that we have been identifying in our Word Mapping sessions, which is helping them understand word meanings/vocabulary. They are comprehending more of what they read.~ Middle School Teacher, VA
- A: Students have benefited from inferencing strategy in improved quality of inferences and ability to identify question types. ~ High School Teacher, MO
- A: My students are more focused and are providing more thoughtful responses. ~ Elementary School Teacher, CA
- A: Test scores improved from a 58% to 76%. ~ Middle School Teacher, VA A: Self-Questioning has increased my students ability to make accurate predictions.
Q: What would you like us to know about your experience with SIM materials?
- A: I really like a lot of the SIM material that I have been exposed to in class/in professional development. I think they are great ways to teach middle school students skills, such as sentence writing, or strategies to help organize ideas during every day activities.~ Middle School Teacher, NY
- A: I think the SIM Unit Organizer is very important to a classroom. It helps students visualize the timeline of what is going on. ~ Middle School Teacher, VA
- A: I really enjoy using the strategies I have learned. I love the consistency and the data collection.~ High School Teacher, MO
- A: SIM Unit Organizer helps my pace during a lesson. I already know what I am teaching/going to put on the SIM material 3 weeks out! ~ Middle School Teacher, TX SIM helped me achieve things with my students that I never thought possible. Mosty importantly, the program allowed my students to achieve things they never thought they would achieve. It is great to see the light bulbs go on for kids and they finally understand how to tackle learning
SIM helped me achieve things with my students that I never thought possible. Most importantly, the program allowed my students to achieve things they never thought they would achieve. It is great to see the light bulbs go on for kids and they finally understand how to tackle learning~ Katelyn Hagan, SIM LS Professional Developer
SIM CE planning lays critical groundwork for those building content whether online or in the classroom. As education expands to the online environment, I believe, it is important for more and more content developers to be trained in SIM CE content planning routines.~ Catherine Pace, SIM CE Professional Developer, Online Social Studies Teacher
Become a SIM Professional Developer to get evidence-based practices into the hands of teachers so that ultimately, more students are successful academically and socially.~ Anonymous